Friday, August 28, 2009

My Stage

I feel that the stage i am currently on is Intamacy Vs. Isolation. The reason i am on this stage is because i feel my identity is fairly well established. I know pretty well what i want out of my life and i know what i need to do to get there. I found during my first year of college I was dealing with intamacy vs isolation, but had not yet dealt with my identity and was therefore forced to go back and reevaluate my life, and the people in it. After this i got back to finding out if i wanted to be on the party scene or stay in and watch a movie. Not to say both can't be acheived by the same type of person. I digress, im just trying to figure out which scene im on

4 comments:

  1. When I first came to college I had to make the decision to keep a balance of my social life and school. I agree that both keeping good grades and a social life can be achieved, you just have to know what your priorities are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too dealt with the struggle between partying and school. I tested the waters of both aspects and realized quickly I am very much the party type and although sometimes it can get a little out of hand, it is a very manageable lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have a good idea of where you are and back it up well. The difference between these two stages can be blurry but it definitely helps to know who you are when you are dealing with intimacy vs isolation issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first year on campus was a similar experience and I think you will find that thousands of first year students will go through both of these stages. Just like you I dealt with both stages and I had a girlfriend that I had that was still a high school senior. So when I was in the burg I took the time to figure out what I wanted for me and my future.

    ReplyDelete