Sunday, October 4, 2009

Post 5 B

I do not think that holding up large flash cards infront of an infant would benefit them. It might help enrich their schema and environment later in life but I don't think that it would be beneficial to an infant at that point and time in their lives. I also don't think that it would benefit them due to the fact that the mind doesn't develop until at least when a child is two years old. Piaget would not agree with this because he feels that children should learn by observing and trying.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that children do learning and observing. I worked at a daycare this summer and saw how kids react positively when they can do things themselves and learn from their own actions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that flashcards wouldn't be as effective as allowing the child to learn on their own. As infants they wouldn't be as responsive as allowing them to explore and learning things through those experiences.

    ReplyDelete