Friday, October 2, 2009

POST FIVE! (B)

I think that the idea couldn't hurt the child if the parent used flash cards, as long as the parent was saying each word as the card was held up, and then demonstrating the word. I think that while possibly it wont help the child to learn the language faster, it may help the child later on to learn to read, because they could subconsciously recall the flash cards where the words were spelled. I think that Piaget would agree with this because the child would still be hearing the parent speak, and in turn imitate what the parent is saying as it relates to the card.

2 comments:

  1. I also think that if flash cards are being used that the parents NEEDS to also say the words so the infant hears how to say it. I feel like no matter what the situation children are going to learn to speak before that can begin to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Hearing the parent say the words on the cards would be much more effective than just showing the child the cards. The child learns language by hearing it and then trying it, not seeing it and saying it. Good point.

    ReplyDelete