Friday, October 2, 2009

post 5

babies learn by observing others, especially their parents. I don't believe that flashcards would hurt a child, but how successful it would be, im not sure. Although I don't believe it to be very healthy to push your child to learn. Children learn in their own time, and sometimes they may need help, but a parent should not start that habit. Piajet would definately be against it because he believes that children learn by trying and observing what the people around them say.

2 comments:

  1. I completely disagree that you shouldnt push your children to learn. If you dont then who will? I know it seems like it should be something they want to do on their own, but most of the time it is a difficult and tedious task that requires a lot of time and effort and most kids just dont have the kind of motivation to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree, I believe that you should push your children...but only so much. I feel like children need a willing force behind them that encourages them and gives them that push they need to get things accomplished.

    ReplyDelete