Friday, October 16, 2009

post six b

I remember one time when I was little I was over at my neighbors house playing upstairs with her and her cousin, who was a few years older. Next thing you know they (the neighbor and cousin) start fighting over an umbrella because it was raining and we wanted to go outside. My friend, the neighbor, told me to run downstairs and get her dad, so I went downstairs to tell him that they were fighting, and next thing you know my friend, the neighbor, comes running downstairs crying, with her cousin chasing after her saying "that's what you get." Once my friends dad saw this, he took off his belt and started to whip the cousin, his niece, while her dad, the cousins dad, just sat there in the living room laughing and watching TV. At this point my friend and I high-tailed it over to my house. This would be maltreatment because it was deliberate action which is harmful to the child's physical and emotional well-being.

Sorry its confusing with all the relationships.

5 comments:

  1. that was pretty confusing, lol. but i know its yoru story and you were there, and i agree its mal treatment, but don't you think the dad who gave the spanking did it as an act of retribution? not out of bad intentions

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree that is maltreatment, not only with the usage of the belt but also with allowing you and your neighbor to watch. To a certain extent parents can raise their kids how they see fit but they should never effect another child but letting them watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, this is horrible to do to a child and for you young girls to have to watch. He did not even think about what this would do to your development. That is horrible that the cousin's father did not even try to stop it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be an unnerving thing to have to witness let alone be subject to. It is definitely maltreatment in more ways than one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is horrible I'm sory you have to see that. That is horrible maltreatment.

    ReplyDelete