Thursday, November 19, 2009

post 10-B

My life would be different if my parents had stayed together and raised me, for one I would be different being raised by my biological father. I have only known him for four years and when he did come into my life I was already grown and there wasn't much left that he could of contributed to my life as a father. Also if my parents would of stayed together then I would not have all of the siblings I have now. I believe I would be a different person as well because the father that raised me is a little more laid back and easy going where as my biological father is more strict and uptight especially when it comes to punishment.

3 comments:

  1. I understand what you mean about parents being more laid back compared to strict. My dad was very laid back and his approach to parenting was to let us experience things for ourselves and figure it out with his guidance. My mom on the other hand was very strict and it was understood that we follow the rules or there are consequences. I am glad that I was able to experience both styles of parenting because it helped my understand the things I would and would not do while raising my children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also didn't meet my biological father till I was grown. We never could build that relationship I so wanted as a child. It was very disappointing for me, but have learned to accept that some things can't change. I still have contact with him occasionally but he has his family, and I have mine. Too much water under the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine how different I would be if i would not have known my biological father growing up.

    ReplyDelete