Thursday, November 5, 2009

Post 8 (b)

I really don't like the idea of parents giving their children IQ tests at home. I know they want to make sure their child is on track academically but kids have enough reason to dislike school already. When they're home they may have some homework as it is and to add a test on top of that would make schoolwork even more aversive. They need to have their play time and family time to offset the rest of their increasingly busy schedules. Let kids be kids I say. They grow up fast enough as it is.

2 comments:

  1. Cameron,
    I completey agree that kids already have enough to deal with at school, and most kids don't like school. Home should be a place for them to relax and forget about their stress. Spending time with their familiy is very important for kids and the whole family. I also agree with your statement "Let kids be kids." I think our society today tends to look past this, and we need to come back to it. It will be better for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the tests shouldn't be administered at home. In the right setting, with professionals, some tests can allow kids to be put into correct classes but many parents don't understand that they are merely guides and not statements about their child's future.

    ReplyDelete