Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Post 9 - Alex

According to the class text, immersion, bilingual education, and ESL are all methods of teaching a second language. I think bilingual education would be the most effective way to teach a second language because it is taught in a logical, step by step way. However, based on the content in chapter 12 I also understand for any second language program to be successful a language rich environment, along with reading, writing, and speaking instruction must be included.

1 comment:

  1. Alex,

    I think both of the ways you described would be a great way to teach a second language. I wish our country would put my emphasis on teaching our children a second language. It seems like American children are about the only ones who are not bilingual.

    ReplyDelete