Sunday, November 15, 2009

post 9 A

I think that the best way to teach another language would be to start the "foreign" language once they enter kindergarten. At my grade school, children were taught Italian from kindergarten until they graduated in 8th grade. I feel that this really works because it doesn't just throw the child into it, it allows the child to gradually learn the language, and any struggles can easily be explained because the class isn't based on how quickly one can learn the language, it is based on how one can master the language.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that it should start in kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! If they start at a younger age then it is a lot easier to learn. My daughter is in kindergarten and is learning spanish, I feel that this is going to be very beneficial to her in the long run.

    ReplyDelete