Friday, November 20, 2009

Post 10b

My childhood would have been very different had my parents not gotten a divorce. My time would not have had to have been divided between my parents, it was especially hard having to divide my time on the holidays. I also didn't like that I only got to see my dad every-other weekend. It was difficult leaving my mom's house to go and then it was difficult to leave my dad's to come back. I would have much rather been able to spend time with my parents at the same time. I was never very close with my dad until I got older and could drive myself to his house whenever I wanted to visit him. Another reason I wasn't as close to him is that he owned his own business and was always working but as I got older I enjoyed going out to his job sites and riding around with him on whatever piece of equipment he was operating. Growing up I had a hard time not resenting my mom for not allowing me to see my dad more but now I understand why the circumstances were the way they were. Although I wish I could have had my parents living under one roof I think this experience made me a stronger person. Now that I am older I am thankful that I am able to be close with both of my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment