Friday, November 6, 2009

Post 8A

Thinking back about elementary school I do not remember specifically any kids in my class having ADHD. This was because I wasn't aware that there was such a thing though because I wasn't dealing with the learning disability. I do remember certain kids always acting out in class but there was not special teacher for them. There were a few of them that sat away from the rest of the class. If our desks were arranged in groups their desks were put next to the teachers. I think that it would have been less distracting for the rest of the class if the kids that had problems focusing (ADHD) had had an aid that was there to keep them under control and help them with their school work. This is where I think my school could have done better helping those kids. The school obviously recognized that they had a learning disability since they were sat away from the rest of the class but that is as far as they went with it.

3 comments:

  1. I do think the school could have done better. Now special education teachers go into classrooms and have a class within a class or co-teaching. This seems to work very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also remember the kids that had to always be sat in the front of the class or by the teacher. I think now teachers have a better handel on how to deal with student that have disabilities in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your school could have done better. An if your school was sitting them away from the rest then they obviously recgonized that there was a problem, therefore something should have been done.

    ReplyDelete