Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Post 10b

I think my life would be totally different if my parents were divorced. I think my life would be more stressful because I am so close to both of my parents and having to spend time with them equally would be really hard. Also, I would have a really hard time if they got re-married because I couldn't see either of them with anybody else. I think it would be hard on my younger sisters, too, which would, in turn, be hard for me to deal with because I don't like seeing them upset. I'm thankful that my parents are still married. I think this has made my life easier and happier. They have also been good role models for my sisters and I. Because of this, I think my relationships in the future will be healthier.

4 comments:

  1. My parents are still married and I know what you mean. Going home it is already hard to make sure to spend time with each of them and they live in the same I can't imagine trying to go back and fourth. I agree with what you said about your relationships in the future because having parents that did stay together shows me that it is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my parents divorced when i was five. my mom would take me to school and a few days a week my dad would pick me up. i would have dinner with him do homework, and he would take me home. i spent every other weekend and they rotated the holidays. we moved here when i was nine. although i no longer have a good relationship with my dad, i have learned a lot from my mom.she has taught me how to be an independent woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that imagining dealing with a life split between two houses when you do everything together as a family would be hard. My family sounds very familiar to yours and it makes you appreciate more that things have been the way they have been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree, my mother got remarried and it was just so weird for me to see her remarried. i was real close with my mother before my parents got divorced. and ever since they did i just dont see my mother that much. i see her like once every two weeks. thats hard on a mother son relationship.

    ReplyDelete