Wednesday, November 18, 2009

POST TEN B

I can sort of see how my life would be different if my parents had gotten a divorce, but then again i could see how i could still have come out the same way. My dad is a merchantseaman, means he works on oil barges off the east coast, and he is gone for three weeks and then home for three weeks all year long and all throughout my life. With his job holidays and birthdays dont matter, and there have been years where he misses everything, such as christmas, thanksgiving, my birthday and so on, and years when he is home for all and years where it is a mix up. Since that is what I am used to, I could see that I would just be with dad when he is home and mom when hes not. I guess since I have a special situation with my dads work, it makes it really hard for me to imagine my parents actually divorced, rather than just constantly away from one another.

4 comments:

  1. Having a dad that travels has got to be hard. It seems like you have been able to make the best of it. It sound like you have all sacrificed alot in his effort to provide for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must of been hard to have a dad that was gone for work a lot. Even though it was probably hard at least he was able to teach his family hard work and provide for them. Your parents also must of had to work hard to keep their relationship going, and that's got to show a lot to their kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can completely relate to your family situation. My dad is a truck driver. He is also gone for about 3 weeks at a time, sometimes more. Only he doesn't then get 3 weeks home, he gets about 3 days home. I also can't imagine my parents not being together. There were times growing up when I would worry that his job would come between them but there was never a time when I truely believed they wouldn't be able to work through a situation.
    Kelly-
    It does show us kids a lot. It proves to us that relationships really can be successful if you're willing to put in the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to your situation. My dad travels for a living and was gone basically every week and only home on the weekends. Lucky for us though he was home for the holidays; but then again, in the end, I can't imagine my parents divorced!

    ReplyDelete