Thursday, September 3, 2009

my sister and I

I am the youngest child in the family. My sister and I have the same mom, but different dads. Alexis was always very athletic and got involved in sports and dance. I have always been more on the shy side and was too scared to do the same things. What I did get into was clubs like science club and history club. The only activity that me and my sister both did was marching band, and we both played the flute. Academically Alexis was always better in school than I was. She studied hard and usually got straight A's. By the time I was in high school, my mom was more relaxed with me, and I stopped caring about grades, and got mostly B's and C's. I have always enjoyed reading and begun at a young age. However I struggled with Math. Alexis did really well in math and struggled with reading. She is tall and heavier set, and I am Short and thinner. Although even today family members and our mom can't tell our voices apart when we answer the phone. What I believe caused our differences is the fact that we have different fathers, and our 13 year difference. I feel like I got a different mom than she did. My mom was a lot stricter on her than she was on me. And when I got to a certain age my mom treated me more like a adult. I don't think my sister ever grew up, so my mom still treats her like a child.

3 comments:

  1. I hate math and always struggled with it too. Though I seemed to excel in history and english, I too had the problem of not pushing myself as hard in high sccool because my parents had so many other kids to attend to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My older sister and I are the same way about the sports stuff. I tried to d sports but it just wasn't me. I think it just shows that our genes play a big role on us and how different some of our genes are from our siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a child from a family of 5. My 4 older siblings have the same dad, and I have a different one but we all have the same mom. It is interesting how we can be similar but also totally different with the differences in fathers.

    ReplyDelete