Friday, September 4, 2009

response for post 2 option a.)

My sister is eight years older than me, we were both raised in a similar manner, I guess the only difference was that our dad was around more after I was born. We have both been very similar in choices that we made and our personalities up to a certain point, I use to be rather shy and awkward around people, the way my sister is now. Somewhere along the way I think peer influence changed me more than her, so she still has a lot of our parents influences while I'm trying to shake them off. However, it has been a goal for both us to not turn into our mother, she suffers from depression and has moments of harsh words that have bothered my sister and I since we were little. I sometimes think that that goal is the only thing we have in common, she's always been dedicated in school, and very independant. I just sort of got by as best I could, not really over-achieving in anything, and I don't do well when left to do things by myself. She has also not really had any problems with Identity confusion and that's one of the huge stages I'm having problems with, I don't know if it's because our parents came down more strict on me or less because we both got away with things that the other didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment