Friday, September 4, 2009

Option A

My younger brother, Tyler, is quite different from myself. Physically, he takes after our mother: blond hair, blue eyes, fair skin. I, on the other hand, look just like our father with dark brown hair, brown eyes and tanner skin. In school, I did considerably better than Tyler in our core classes (math, English, science), but he enjoys and excels in creative classes, like art and music and drama, classes I never found interesting. As for his temperament, he's always been the wild one, the one who likes to throw parties and be loud and get in trouble; and I was always the calm, casual, is somewhat cynical, observer. I think most of these differences (aside from the physical ones) can attributed to the schools we attended, the friends we had and how those experiences shaped us as we grew. Also, some of it has to be genetic because schools and friends alone aren't likely to make one person turn towards math and science and another towards art and music.

2 comments:

  1. "I think most of these differences (aside from the physical ones) can attributed to the schools we attended,..."

    I am curious about what kind of schools you attended? Military school, boarding school,Charter school, or just different public schools?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds a lot like my oldest brother and I. We are both completely different, differing in both just our mannerisms to out intellectual skills and how we did in school. I also think that this had something to do with the different schools we attended, as well as the fact that he is 7 years older than I am, so some of his behaviors may come from simply just being the first child out of three, and me being the youngest and the only girl.

    ReplyDelete