Monday, September 28, 2009

Post 4

I would encourage a new mother to co-sleep with their new baby but not too often. I think that it is important for the child to feel the warmth and affection of their mother but I also feel that it is important for the child to learn to comfort themselves while sleeping and not become dependent on their mother to always be there when they wake up. I would also tell a new mother that it is important to help their child develop motor skills. I would encourage them to play with their baby and to challenge their child to try and hold their bottle while feeding so that they can develop hand-eye coordination.

2 comments:

  1. I agree on only allowing the child to cosleep for just a little while so they don't become to dependent on the mom or dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I do not feel like co-sleeping is the best or only way the mother or caregiver can show affection and warmth to the infant. Feeding, holding, and communicating with the baby are ways the mother can show affection without going through the hassle of co-sleeping.

    ReplyDelete