Friday, September 25, 2009

Post 4

One of the things I would tell one of my friends is that the idea of co-sleeping can be beneficial if done right and detrimental if done wrong. I would explain to them that for the first 8-12 months co-sleeping can help develop of better relationship between the child and the parent but if it is a practice used for too long it can create independence problems for the child. I would tell them this so that they can better develop a good relationship with their child. I would also tell them about the idea of enriched environments and how they can stimulate brain functions. This is important because I would want their child to get the best available practices in order to get a jump start on learning.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that if co-sleeping occurs for a long period of time it can affect the child's independence. I have seen many children have problems sleeping in their own bed once they get older. However, after awhile once the child developed normal sleeping patterns in his or her own bed they seemed more independent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I strongly agree that an enriched environment will the greatly benefit a child's development. Throughout the early years, there a sensitive and critical periods in which certain things need to happen and if provided with the most beneficial stimulating environmental conditions, they will thrive and be healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you explained co-sleeping. Instead of saying it was either right or wrong, you explained both sides of the argument. Nicely put.

    ReplyDelete