Thursday, September 17, 2009

Post 3

I think that educating pregnant mothers is the best way to prevent smoking and drinking during pregnancy. I mean, if you don't know what harm, or good, can come from something then your habits won't change. When it comes to health-care I think hospitals should give out some kind of info on what the risks are and if the future parents want to they can view pictures or a video of children whose mothers have used while they were in the womb. It's kind of the same approach to drinking and driving for teens. When it comes to insurance companies and the like I don't know how much push they would have. Although, maybe if the baby is born with some defect that can be related to smoking or drinking then they don't help pay for the medical bills or something. Regardless, I think that education on the subject would be the best course of action.

1 comment:

  1. I also agree that being education on things like fetal alcohol would change thoughts about drinking or smoking while they are pregnant. I think most young people don't 100% know the outcome of the desisions they make when they are pregnant.

    ReplyDelete