Friday, September 25, 2009

Post 4

The first thing I would say is to have plenty of physical contact with the baby. When you spend more time touching and being around your baby it becomes more familiar and comfortable with you. Also, physical contact has a big impact on the social development of the child. The second things I would advise is to make sure your baby's sleeping and eating patterns stay somewhat regular. Obviously it's impossible to make it a set schedule but the more regular it is the better the baby will adjust to a set schedule later in life and will physically develop much better. When their body is on a somewhat regular schedule it develops better.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with that. New babies need a lot of attention. I raised my best friends baby till he was a year old and he needed more attention than other babies because his mother was not around. I think that babies who grow up in a home that has no physical contact with their parents will grow up being shy in school and not very interactive. I think that it is improtant that a child knows that the parent is there to help them whenever they need them.

    ReplyDelete