Thursday, September 3, 2009

Post 2

I have two older sisters who were raised by my real mother and I was raised by my father. My father, though he never went to college, is an itellectual man who loved to read and discuss theoretical concepts, and encouraged me to do so also. When I was growin up and would ask a question such as, "Why are trees called trees?", he would respond with, "I don't know. Find out and write me an essay about it." Though these essays never seemed to happen, I can say we both share many of the same cognitive skills as well as a few personality traits. That is about as far as the similarity goes. As for my looks, my interests in movies and culture in general, I share a lot those likenesses with my mother, even though I did not know her until I was a teenager. I do believe this is in large part to heredity.

1 comment:

  1. That is very interesting and shows exactly how big of an impact that genes play in our personality. Even though you do share some similarities with your dad you have more genes that match with your mom even though you met her later in life. I bet that was fun when you did get to meet her to find out your similarities.

    ReplyDelete